- Literacy: information reports on animals. Students’ final report was presented as an oral presentation.
- Science: adaptations (describe relationships that assist the survival of living things; analyse how the form of living things enables them to function in their environments.)
- STEM: following the engineering design process to design a technology based on an animal adaptation (biomimicry): identify a need; research; develop possible solutions; select a promising solution; create; test/evaluation; redesign as needed.
Students researched an animal and created a collage of their habitat.
Oral Presentation- Class set-up, Self Reflection and PowerPoint Example
Live animal hire and biology science kits in Adelaide: https://www.nature.sa.edu.au/
Primary Connections Resources: available free via Scootle for teachers in Australia
- Biological Science: Yr 3 Feathers_fur_or_leaves (lessons about living and non-living things)
- Biological Science: Yr 5 desert_survivors (lessons about adaptations)