Free Teacher Websites- General
- Reward system/parent communication:
- Many resources:
- Display lettering:
- Health, Positive Education, Strengths
- Growth Mindset
- Past NAPLAN test papers. Examples of good questions for maths, reading. Also, writing prompts.
Free Teacher Websites- Maths
- Set maths tasks and monitor progress:
- Maths: pictures to practise estimating
- STEM Unit ideas and Engineering Design information
- Maths Inquiry Tasks
- NRich: Rich mathematical tasks
- Interactive Clock
- Pictures as a stimulus for maths discussions
Free Teacher Websites- Literacy
- Teaching Resource: One picture everyday. Great for literacy writing prompts.
- Storyline Online: videos of picture books being read
- Decodable readers: Readers can be put on an ipad, or printed and stapled to make a physical book.
- Readers’ Theater Scripts. I use Readers’ Theater as one of my Guided Reading groups.
- Readers’ Theater Scripts. Use the free trial to download. There is a limit to how many you can download on this free trial.
- Reading comprehension posters, scope and sequence, and more resources
- Free alphabetic code charts by Debbie Hepplewhite. Supports a synthetic phonics approach to teaching spelling: https://alphabeticcodecharts.com/free_charts.html
Free Teacher Websites: Science
- NASA: earth and space resources and lesson plans.
- Science Inquiry and Primary Connections resource links
Free Teacher Websites: STEM
- How to get started with STEM
- Examples of STEM units using the Engineering Design Process
- Real-world examples of STEM
- “Made for STEAM” STEM/STEAM education projects
- NASA: https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/teach/tag/search/InSight?fbclid=IwAR0LCUYrXw_iT65uiQKYbhT7wPhmVLyeXPyWXWuPn2MbzxW28bXjPRHK7KY
Free Teacher Websites: Visual Art Studies
- Art hooks/stimulus
- Information and links for lots of artists
- Art timeline
- Lots of art resources, including: lessons, art history, art techniques and more.
- Collaborative picture: website cuts up a given picture, each student can colour part and then the pieces can be put together to make one large picture/artwork.
Free Student Maths Games
- Place value with MAB:
- Identify a number:
- + 10 and -10, +1 and -1
- Mental computation strategies, including doubles and number bonds
- Number lines:
- Telling time (three levels of difficulty)
- Place Value: identify number on 100 chart
Lending library for technologies such as Spheros (in Australia):
Good resources, but not free…
- Best Maths Book Ever (for Junior to Upper Primary)
- Book about mindfulness written by a teacher, for teachers
- “Teach, Breathe, Learn” by Meena Srinivasan
- Reading comprehension strategies, including explicit teaching, gradual response of responsibility and Guided Reading.
- “Teaching Reading Comprehension Strategies: a practical classroom guide” by Sheena Cameron
Live animal hire and biology science kits in Adelaide
Good resources (but expensive)
- Macmillan Maths: Problem Solving Box 1 to 6 pack
- Words Their Way books: spelling program/resources
- Tierney Kennedy resources: https://www.backtofrontmaths.com.au/
- Reading Eggs: www.readingeggs.com.au
Teacher Resource Websites